Hardwood floors are a beautiful and durable flooring option, but like any other type of flooring, they can experience wear and tear over time. While some minor scratches and dents can be fixed with DIY methods, there are times when it’s best to call in the experts for repairing or removing hardwood floors. Here’s what you need to know about when and why to call in professionals.
When to Call in the Experts for Repairing Hardwood Floors
- Deep Scratches or Gouges: If your hardwood floors have deep scratches or gouges, it’s best to call in the professionals to repair them. DIY methods such as sanding and filling may not provide the best results, and may even cause further damage to the floors.
- Warping or Cupping: If your hardwood floors are warping or cupping, it may be due to water damage, humidity, or improper installation. Repairing warped or cupped floors requires specialized equipment and expertise, so it’s best to call in the experts.
- Loose or Damaged Boards: If you notice loose or damaged boards on your hardwood floors, it’s important to get them repaired as soon as possible to prevent further damage. Attempting to fix the problem yourself may result in further damage or even injury.
Why Call in the Experts for Removing Hardwood Floors
- Asbestos: If your hardwood floors were installed before the 1980s, they might contain asbestos. Removing asbestos-containing materials is a hazardous process that requires specialized training and equipment, so it’s best to call in the experts to ensure that the removal is done safely.
- Structural Issues: If your hardwood floors are part of a larger structural issue, such as a rotting subfloor or foundation, it’s best to call in the experts to assess the situation and determine the best course of action. Attempting to remove the hardwood floors yourself may exacerbate the problem and cause further damage.
- Efficiency: Removing hardwood floors is a time-consuming and labour-intensive process that requires specialized tools and equipment. Calling in the experts can save you time and ensure that the job is done efficiently and correctly.
In summary, while minor scratches and dents in hardwood floors can be fixed with DIY methods, more significant damage or removal of hardwood floors requires the expertise of professionals. Whether it’s deep scratches, warping, loose boards, asbestos, structural issues, or simply the need for efficiency, calling in the experts can save you time, money, and frustration in the long run. At Accurate Hardwood Flooring Ltd, we have the expertise and experience to repair or remove your hardwood floors safely and efficiently. Contact us today to learn more about our services.